Thursday, July 21, 2005

Conservatives Should Not Support Roberts!



I’m having a problem with the John Roberts nomination to the US Supreme Court. It nagged at me for the past 24 hours and today it surfaced.

Why did the President present us with a “stealth” candidate”. Why?

Look, ever since Suitor, I have been shy of stealth candidates… to anything. If you remember, the Bush One administration assured us that Suitor was a conservative. As it turned out he’s about as conservative as Ted Kennedy!

Besides, we don’t need a stealth candidate. We need an “above board”, “in your face” conservative Justice on that Supreme Court. We don’t have to be shy about sending such a candidate to the Senate Judicial Committee or to the full Senate for conformation.

It looks to me as if the as if there was a staring contest between the Democrats and the President… and the President blinked! I don’t like it… at all.

We Republicans own the Senate. We don’t have to send a milch toast nominee up there. Heck, we can send a hard-nosed conservative to the Senate and get him, or her, confirmed. We might be forced to use the “Constitutional Option”… but, so what? Do it! Bring the hammer down!

I have had my fill of the kid glove treatment the Republicans are giving the Democrats, in the Senate, and the MSM. I am embarrassed to associate myself with this bunch of testosterone challenged, weak-kneed substitutes for real men and real women.

The President had two staunchly conservative women candidates from the 5th circuit court in Louisiana, either of whom would have replaced a woman, with a woman, and been a known quantity…a hard-nosed conservative. But he didn’t do that. He chose a blank slate. The problem with a blank slate is that ANYBODY can write upon it!

I think we conservatives have been short-sheeted with the President’s selection of Roberts. It has all the ear marks of a “Cave’ to the opposition. For that reason alone I cannot support Bush’s choice.

I will be contacting my Senators and asking that they vote against the confirmation of Judge Roberts and insist that the President send a solid conservative nominee up to the Senate for confirmation!

I’m tired of Republicans in the Senate allowing themselves to be man-handled by, and run over by, that bunch of loose cannons from the Democratic side of the aisle.

No… this won’t do! Not at all! I wonder if the Libertarian Party has any openings, huh?

“Longstreet”

No comments:

Post a Comment