Friday, October 17, 2008

Israel and the Obama Administration. Forget About It!

Israel and the Obama Administration. Forget About It!
By J. D. Longstreet
*************************

Should Obama win the election here in America next month, the doors and windows to Israel will slam shut for members of the Obama Administration. See, Israel already knows they cannot trust an Obama administration and they will shut off all avenues of approach for the US… except for those absolutely necessary to maintain a tenuous connection to the American government.

Israel knows it cannot share intelligence with an Obama Administration. Perhaps our most valuable source of intelligence on Iran and the other rogue states in the Middle East will suddenly and completely dry up. Israel is not about to risk valuable Intel gathered by Mossad, and other Israeli intelligence agencies, being, shall we say… “shared” with the… uh… opposition. Israel cannot risk that and they won’t.

I do not mean to imply that Obama is a Muslim. I know I’m going to be accused of that. Let me just say, that it seems the Israelis have made up their minds on that matter. Let me also say…I trust Israel.

Jesse Jackson is out there saying that "decades of putting Israel's interests first" will be over under an Obama Administration. Jackson made those remarks at a World Policy Forum in Evian, France last week. You’ll find an article on that here:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10142008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/
the_o_jesse_knows_133450.htm?page=0
(If the line is broken above you may need to copy and past this URL into your browser. We apologize for the inconvenience.)

How do you suppose that made Israel feel? Not charitable toward Obama, I suspect. (Of course, this is the same Jackson who made the remark about altering Obama’s anatomy while near what he (Jackson) thought was a "dead" microphone. As a long time veteran of the broadcast industry, I offer a bit of advice to everyone. When you see a microphone… always assume it is “live”. ALWAYS!)

Now, I have been accused, just a few days ago, of being a “nut job” supporting Israel and waiting for the Rapture. First let me say that I am an old Lutheran. My support of Israel has nothing to do with the Rapture. It has to do with common sense and my parents raising me to look out for the little guy, the underdog, especially if that underdog is on my side. Add to that the fact that I don’t hate Jews and well, I suppose that makes me some sort of thoroughbred bigot. I’ll leave it to those of you who feel you must have someone to hate in order to feel some sense of self-worth to decide what pigeonhole to put me in. Frankly, I don’t care.

There is an excellent article at the American Thinker titled: “Barack Obama and Israel”. The article is by Ed Lasky. We recommend you read it. You’ll find it at:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/01/barack_obama_and_israel.html

As one who does not favor a Palestinian state… at all, I tend to look with disfavor on those in the US government who do. I never supported the current administration’s aims toward establishing a Palestinian state and I certainly will not support any future President’s attempts to do the same thing whether republican or democrat.

Obama’s insistence that he will “talk” with Iran about abandoning their drive toward development of an Atomic Bomb is chilling to say the least. It will accomplish nothing good, and, at the same time, any “official” talks with Iran will only elevate Iran in the eyes of it’s supporters and encourage other rogue states to follow the same route Iran is following today.

Israel would be well advised, it seems to me, to go ahead, at the earliest possible moment (certainly before Obama takes office should he win the election) and bomb Iran’s nuclear facilities with a time window for follow-up raids as necessary. Make no mistake about it…the destruction of Iran’s nuclear facilities is a must. It now appears that Israel is the only country with the “stones” to take on the task, and they must be prepared to do it alone and survive the diplomatic hailstorm that will follow.

Look, if Iran is not stopped we are looking at a nuclear holocaust in the Middle East. Israel has it’s own nuclear arsenal, which it is absolutely prepared to use to ensure it’s survival. The moment Iran fires a nuclear tipped missile in Israel’s direction Iran will be the country that will cease to exist…whether we have an Obama Administration or not.

There is good reason to suspect there will be little if any cooperation between Israel and an Obama Administration. We can only hope Israel has leaders who will dig in their heels and refuse to bow to pressure from a likely Obama Administration to accommodate the demands of the Islamic states surrounding her.

J. D. Longstreet


***********************

Filed under:



No comments:

Post a Comment