Thursday, March 11, 2010

National I. D. Card = Police State

National I. D. Card = Police State!
A Commentary by J. D. Longstreet
**********************
The National I. D. Card will guarantee the federal government’s complete control over every man, woman and child in the US, period!

If you want the government to have total control over your life, then do nothing and very soon we will all be carrying that blasted National I. D. Card.

A National I. D. Card will grant the federal government the power to reach into the everyday lives of people living in this country on an unprecedented level.

If you are one of the few, (rare) Americans, these days, who actually believes in freedom -- actually believes you have a God-given right to privacy, actually believes the you are entitled to the freedoms and liberties outlined in the original Constitution of the United States -- then you had better rise up and fight for them because we are on the extreme edge of losing them and becoming slaves to the all powerful Central Government the “Progressives” such has Republican Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Democratic Senator Charles Shumer of New York apparently want for their fellow Americans.

At “crimefilenews.com” we read the following:

“Washington, DC—There may be benefits to this idea. What we really get is a greater Police State. This is about total control over every man woman and child. The power connected to those with access to the database is absolute. ... .” Read the entire story HERE.

I recently saw a reminder, on the internet, concerning the 2,000-year-old prophecy, in The Bible, that tells of a time when every living person must have a number, a mark, if you will, in order to buy and sell. The writer went on to say that up to the current time, this prophecy could not be accomplished. But now, with the advent of computers, it can be fulfilled and -- it appears -- our own government will be in the vanguard of the nations ordering its citizens to have such a mark, such a number. Could it be “The National I. D. Card?”

As a person who values his privacy I must ask: who will have access to my personal information?

A National I. D. Card could hold huge troves of information. It could include information such as: where you live, where you have lived in the past, information on your family, information on your religion and information on your ObamaCare "Public Option” Government-run Insurance policy, plus more information on your education, and even the registration of your guns!

Think about it. A National I. D. Card will, most likely, contain your fingerprints, a scan of your iris, or even your DNA profile on it.

Of a necessity there must be a National Database containing continually updated personal information. We already know that once that database is created by the government, it will grow larger and larger and more encompassing.

How are we going to know who would seek access to our information and how can we be sure that permission won’t be granted?

A few months back I wrote the following:

“I have to ask: what is wrong with Americans? Are we sheep to be herded by a National Shepherd? Where is the individualism that won this country from the British and then stretched it across the entire continent to the shores of the Pacific? Even the oceans could not hold back our burning desire for FREEDOM! Yet, today, we are begging the federal government to take our freedoms away! This is scandalous! This borders on cowardice of the highest magnitude!

Are we so quick to give back the liberties bought with the precious blood of our forefathers, our ancestors, and in many cases our immediate relatives? In cemeteries all over the globe lie the bodies of American men and women who put their lives on the line and shed their blood up to the "last full measure" to ensure you and I the freedoms we are now begging the Federal Government to take away!

Our national motto is: "In God We Trust." Apparently it’s a lie! If we truly placed our trust in God we would not be so hasty to misplace it in a government, which is already too big and intrusive.”

We are told the National I. D. Card will help in the fight against illegal immigration. How exactly? Illegal aliens will continue to slip across an unsecured border and they will continue to work for cash under the table -- as has been noted by others.

No, a National I. D. Card is just another way for the federal government to gain control over the masses. That’s you and me.

I don’t know. Maybe it’s just me. I am proud of my ancestors some of whom were bootleggers and smugglers. They left me more than fond memories. They left me with a strong distrust of government. I think that distrust is healthy. They left me something else as well. They made me understand that the government is not responsible for me. They taught me that a man is always responsible for himself. They taught me the more I depended on government the more dependence government would require until I had nothing left to give -- and then I would find that I was a slave to that government.

The National I. D. Card must be stopped. Contact your congressperson and your senators and let them know how you feel about the government having complete control over you. Remind them that the Mid-Term Election is coming up in November and you intend to vote.

In this Constitutional Republic we call America; it is up to us, the citizens, to keep our government on a short rein. Indeed, it is our duty, as citizens, to keep the tentacles of government out of our every day existence. They have no business there. We must be wary of "Knee-Jerk" responses to danger, real or imagined, such as I believe the National I.D. Card to be. If the government wants to "Card" somebody, why not make every one not a citizen of this country carry one (an I.D. card) while inside our borders?

As I look about me today, at modern day America, I have to conclude we have failed at the single most important task we have as adult Americans. That task is to preserve freedom in this country… to guarantee a future for our children in a free nation.

A National ID card is much the same as a tattooed number on your forearm. It is proof of ownership… by someone other than you.

If natural progression holds true, next will come the National RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) chip implanted at birth. It will broadcast a radio signal all the days of your life telling the government who you are, and where you are, at all times. National ID, of any kind, takes away one of your basic rights, the right to privacy.

It is time to get a grip, America! Our National Anthem says: “…The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.” Well, don’t you think it is about time we began to act like it? A National ID card would say to the world just the opposite.

J. D. Longstreet

No comments:

Post a Comment