Friday, December 2, 2005

Torture is Just Fine With Me!



Whatever it takes! Toothpicks under the fingernails, 12 volt automobile batteries hooked to the testicles, sleep deprivation, I do not care! Whatever it takes to get the information we need to find and kill the terrorists who threatened this country.

Look, if you want to delude yourself into believing that if we don’t torture our enemy combatants, the enemy won’t torture ours, then you go right ahead. But don’t ask me to swallow that load of malarkey. I live in the REAL world where enemies of the United States torture and kill members of our armed forces at every opportunity. In the world in which I live, (the real one) the image of the US is worth spit! And… unless, and until, we get serious about winning the war on terror and commit to whatever means are necessary then we will continue to have our service men and women picked off one, or two, at a time until those jelly spined political prostitutes in Congress force the President to withdraw our troops… in other words… "cut and run". The very idea is sickening to me.

Do, I sound angry? I hope so, because I’m way past angry! I’m fuming at the lack of strength in our Congress to pursue this war much more aggressively. Forget a strategy for withdrawal. We have a strategy! Victory, for heaven’s sake! We win and THEN we come home. If we don’t utterly destroy that mass of cancerous tissue in the human body called “Islamofacists”, we will only find ourselves right back where we are today... with more American lives given, and more blood shed, to finish the job we should have finished this time!


Come on, folks! How difficult is that to understand. Take off the rose-colored glasses and see the world for what it is. A rotten, dangerous place. Hey, we’re the good guys! We’re trying to make the world safe for democracy!

Take a look at the right side of this page, in the sidebar. Notice the yellow box which carries a running total, updated as often as necessary, of the number of terrorist attacks since 9-11. That's reality, Dear Reader.

This is certainly not the America I grew up in. That was an America that would have taken the battle to the enemy’s doorstep and knocked down their house. That was an America that would, and did, use nuclear weapons to save the lives of thousands upon thousands of American lives. That was an America that did not cut and run! That was an America, whose people valued their freedom for they understood what it meant to be free.

I understand there are only 14 members of Congress who have sons or daughters serving in the Middle East. That tell you anything?

We cannot disengage with this enemy. It cannot be done. If we withdraw, the bloodletting will only follow our troops home to the shopping malls, the hotel ballrooms, the schools of our children, the sports arenas, the transportation hubs, the largest cities, and on and on. No, understand folks, this is a war in which the last man standing wins! This war will go on for decades… and then some. As long as there is a nutcase Islamofacist out there he, or she, will come after us. They want you dead! They want me Dead! They want your kids dead! They want America dead, and gone, and in it’s place a Caliphate of Islam in which you will bow your head to the ground five times a day toward Mecca. Is that what you want? Well, is it? For that is exactly what we are trying to stop, right now, with the war in Iraq, and Afghanistan, and remote places all around the globe.

Believe me, there is no alternative for America but victory. We cannot survive defeat. If we lose this war, we lose our country. Everything we are, everything we have been and everything we hope to become in the future wil be gone. There will be no America

So, ask me to rethink my position on the use of torture.


OK. I have re-thought it!

I’m still for it. I’m also for battlefield nukes, and white phosphorous, and “Daisy Cutter” bombs, and whatever else it takes.

There is only one way to fight a war! Fight to win! There is no acceptable alternative. None at all!

“Longstreet”

10 comments:

  1. Maybe we should have tortured Southern Terrorists during the south's war for independence. They commited treason against the U.S.A. Although If we could succeed today I'd vote for it (here in the North).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You conveniently overlook a very importnat fact, Sir, in refering to Confederate soldiers as treasonous. One must be a citizen of the country one is betraying. The Southern/Confederate Soldier was NOT... I repeat... WAS NOT a citizen of the United States. He was a citizen of the Confederate States of America.

    The Confederacy had a Constitution, a Supreme Court, a Congress, an Army and a Navy, and several million citizens. She was made up of a land area much larger than that made up of the original 13 colonies. Her population was several times that of the original states.

    The South, Sir, was invaded, conquered, and occupied by the armed forces of the United States.

    We were denied our "contituional right" to secede.

    Sir, with respect, to refer to a Confederate soldier as a traitor is beneath contempt and is not worthy of an American of any color.

    As a direct decendent of several Confederate soldiers, sir, I expect an apology from you.

    One final thing. If the north attempted to leave the Union today, you can believe the South would not protest, and we sure as hell would not go to war to stop you!

    Have a nice day, Sir!

    Longstreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. So if I decide to succede and declare my independence and start a war with the America, am I not a traitor? General Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, General Longstreet should have all be hanged for high treason. North succede maybe not, just kick the South's sorry butt again to teach them "Who their daddy is"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Were not our American forefathers guilty of treason to King George? It all depends what side you are on, our soldiers were viewed as terrorists by British sympathizers. If you win your a revolutionary, a LIBERATOR, or a freedom fighter, but if you loose you are just a treasonist terrorist right or wrong that is how it is, the winners wright the history books. Remember this Mr. Longstreet "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter." I am not justifying 9-11, Pearl Harbor or any of that but the entities that attacked, attacked for a reason and we will only know one side of the story. If you do not think that the U.S. bullies foreign sovern nations around the world look at sout & central america and Iraq and look at what the U.S. did to the south if you feel that way about the south being sovern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Whenever you hear a man speak of his love for his country, it is a sign that he expects to be paid for it."
    - H.L. Mencken

    "The dangerous patriot...drifts into chauvinism and exhibits blind enthusiasm for military actions."
    - Colonel James A. Donovan, Marine Corps

    "War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious."
    - General Smedley D. Butler, Marine Corps

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would answer Mr. Mencken that I HAVE been paid for it. The freedom, and opportunities, and security, this country has provided me, since my birth, is so much more than one could possibly pay back.

    As far as the comments of the two warriors, they are correct. All warriors hate war. That is what makes thm good at what they do... make war.

    Let me ask you... when did it become un-American to love your country? When did it become un-American to want to see to the security of your country? When did it become unfashionable to speak proudly, in public, of your love of country? If you can give me a date, I can show you, exactly, when America began her demise.

    In the America I grew up in all this was encouraged. It was called good citizenship.

    What a sad state America finds herself in today. I truly fear for the future of the republic.

    Longstreet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wo Wo Wo Mr Longstreet.... What I meant was and yuo actually supprted that is that ""the winners wright the history books. Remember this Mr. Longstreet "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."" is right out of my second quote I am sorry for upsetting you but not sorry for my words. If I was alive back then I probably would have fought on the side of the South (being the liberal rebel I am). Look they were building a Perkins in my area and found a colonial period cemetary in the woods, now they put flags on all the vet's graves as they should. I wen and looked and took my son to read some of the inscriptions one that caught me most was "My life for my country" I told my son, what a concept. If someone said that today they'd say that person was nuts. But you see all these people well, fighting, and robbing over an x-box 360. that's what is really nuts, Thse neo-cons. are destroying the country and the people today get what they deserve, only problem is I gotta suffer, i can't delude myself enough to not care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...another man's freedom fighter? Beheading is a tactic of the freedom fighter? Torture and rape rooms are the tools of one who fights for freedom? Gulags and gas chambers are the instruments of advancing a cause of freedom? Sir, you should reevaluate your world view and decide if you are in the right country to feel that the terrorists we are killing by the bushel are fighters who yearn to be free.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is in their eyes that they are fughting for a world free of American Imperialism. That is their view. What is the difference, we torture but that's ok, It is us who occupies sovergn nations (Iraq) just being the latest. Maybe we need to see things as the world views us. We aren't hated because we are free, we are hated because not only are we the richest nation of the world, we are the greediest. I pray everyday that this once great nation will wake up and realize it's true place as a world leader not a world dominator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just a thought what if (God forbid) and I am being serious here, you tortured someone (interrogated) for months and learned you had the wrong guy. What if (God Forbid) it was yuo who was tortured for months and you really knew ythey had the wrong guy. What if it was your wife, son or daughter? Just think man mistakes can be made and irreperable harm done to the victim and if the interrogator has a conscience to him or her too.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete