Tuesday, May 30, 2006

What, Exactly, Are the Rules of Engagement Along our Southern Border?


I have some concerns with the National Guard being placed on our Southern Border. Not, mind you, with them being placed there, but with what may turn out to be the rules of engagement… and a really big concern of mine is how, exactly, will the Guard treat the Minutemen already on location and building the fence.

Last week, I heard a newscast in which it was stated plainly the Guard WOPULD NOT BE ARMED. The news went on to say that the Guard would replace Border Patrolmen now in jobs other than patrolling the border to allow those “freed-up” Border Patrolmen to actually work on the border. Again, don't misunderstand me. I WANT the Guard "armed to the teeth" and given orders to open fire when necessary.

Now, comes word that the Guard will, indeed, be armed with live ammo and will have authority to fire… but on whom and, under what circumstances? I need to know that. My level of comfort is not what it ought to be. Maybe my own paranoia is getting in the way. But, hey, when everybody IS trying to get you paranoia is just damned good thinking!

I’m concerned too, that when the Minutemen and Guard come face to face, and the Guard follows orders to demand that the Minutemen “cease and desist” building their fence… what happens then? Now, let me make it clear… I have NO INFORMATION that the Guard will do that. But, remember, we are dealing with a federal government here which DOES NOT WANT THE FLOW OF ILLEGAL ALIENS, ACROSS THAT SOUTHERN BORDER, SLOWED NOR STOPPED!

Then, if the government is serious, which I mightily doubt, and the Guard fires on, and injures or kills, an illegal crossing that border, on which side will the US Government come down… on the side of the Mexico, or on the side of our soldiers? Plus, I expect the Mainstream Media is salivating in hopes of just such an incident so they can sink their teeth into it and RREALLY "screw-up" the efforts to secure that border.

At some point it is almost assured the Guard will be forced to fire upon Mexican illegals. Mexico is sure to raise hell. Then we will have an international incident. Again, as flaky as our current government is, just whom will the US government support?

And finally, how long before the ACLU steps into the picture and files a suit to have the courts rule that the US must enforce the Posse Comitatus Act and remove the Guard from the border. You KNOW they can, sure as hell, find a judge who will sign off on that in a New York minute!

So, I have lots of questions about the next few weeks along our Southern Border. It would behoove those of us, so infiltrated by the illegals, to stay on the alert… for at any moment we may be called upon to reinforce what little metal our governing officials have in the spines.

Just some thoughts for you to, ponder.

Longstreet

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't go near the border, at all! I don't think you are paranoid, it is justified..... You got a bunch of trigger happy misfit yahoos (the National Guard). Look few people in the military now any honor, most are there just to "Keell stuffs". If I was in the minutemen, I would be armed to defend myself from those clowns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not questioning the ability of the Guard to do the job. What I AM questioning is the commitment of our Federal Government to back them up and ALLOW them to do the job.

    See, I think this is a sham! I just do not believe this is meant to work! I think this whole thing is a facade to pacify those of us who want the border secured. It is to keep us occupied with the left hand while the right hand does something else entirely.

    I hope I'm wrong... but I believe I'm right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EVERYTHING the government does is "smoke and mirrors" old friend.... Look how far the government has intruded into our private lives, and they keep kicking the same political footballs around, stuff like prayer in schools, outlawing abortion, gay rights, same old crap while the real issues are unattended. That is why I believe in a 3rd party, one that really does what it is supposed to do. protect and defend it's citizens and our way of life including our standard of living..... To be American, above all others and to expand the freedoms and rights of the individual over the power of the government and oppression of the masses.

    ReplyDelete