Saturday, March 31, 2007

An Open letter to all Conservatives !

(This Post First Ran in December of 2006!)

________________


An Open Letter to All Conservatives

___________________


Here is another conservative who gets it!



David Roberts, over at "The Conservative Voice", penned a missive which, I happen to think, expresses the mind of many, if not most, conservatives in America today. We recommend you go here to read Mr. Roberts remarks... and ponder the possiblilty of creating a new political party... exclusively for Conservatives.



Go here:


http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/21515.html



Mr. Roberts is spot on! I have been sickened by the lack of action by the so-called conservatives we elected to the House, the Senate, and the, well, I almost said the White House. But George Bush is not a conservative. At best, he is a moderate, as is his father. I must tell you I am seriously concerned over the prospects of remaining in a political party which does not represent my core beliefs. The GOP has back-handed it's conservative base and no longer deserves our support. Instead, I, too, feel it is time, actually past time, for Conservatives to have their own Conservative Party!



I am sick at the prospect of our Military Forces being, once again, shamed by their civilian leaders and forced to withdraw in the face of an inferior enemy. A withdrawal from Iraq will do nothing to ease the Islamofacist's attacks against the US. In fact, it will only embolden them to strike at our heart land.



As of this writing, the prospective slate of candidates for President, the GOP is offering, is no better for America than that of the Democrats. There is none among them I , as a conservative, can support. There is no way, I will even consider voting for John McCain... or Guiliani, or Romney.



Finally, I am tired of "big tent political parties". I'm tired of being told I must share that tent with liberal Republicans, and moderate Republicans, and the hosts of special interest groups who feel it is in their best interests to be under that tent. I want a party I can point to with pride and say, I belong to THE CONSERVATIVE PARTY!



We can have such a party. It will take work, determination, and the ability to ignore the nay-sayers who insist that a third party will not work. I am having a great deal of difficulty supporting a Republican Party, which does not represent me. I will leave the Republican Party, which has been my home since I registered to vote the first time, on my 21st birthday, in South Carolina... as soon as I have a political party, which represents me, as an alternative.



It seems to me, Conservatives owe it to the American people to give them a clear-cut choice between the Democrats and a Conservative Party. As it stands today, the Republican Party is not providing that choice. If they are anything, the current Republican Party is Democrat-lite!



As we enter the New Year, this is something we conservatives must consider... if we want to survive as a political force in America. To do nothing is unthinkable.



Longstreet

Filed under:

No comments:

Post a Comment