Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Open letter to American Muslims


Some comments, by which, we were impressed. This post is worthy of your time and consideration.

From:
Seaspook's Rants
(reprinted with permission)


Open Letter to American Muslims

These are
excerpts from Airline Captain John Maniscalco in Front page Magazine and it really hit home with me:

I've been trying to say this since 9-11 but you worry me. I wish you didn't. I wish when I walked down the streets of this country that I love, that your color and culture still blended with the beautiful human landscape we enjoy in this country. But you don't blend in anymore. I notice you, and it worries me. I notice you because I can't help it anymore. People from your homelands, professing to be Muslims, have been attacking and killing my fellow citizens and our friends for more than 20 years now. I don't fully understand their grievances and hate but I know that nothing can justify the inhumanity of their attacks. On September 11, nineteen ARAB-MUSLIMS hijacked four jetliners in my country. They cut the throats of women in front of children and brutally stabbed to death others. They took control of those planes and crashed them into buildings killing thousands of proud fathers, loving sons, wise grandparents, elegant daughters, best friends, favorite coaches, fearless public servants, and children's mothers. The Palestinians celebrated, The Iraqis were overjoyed as was most of the Arab world.So I notice you now. I don't want to be worried. I don't want to be consumed by the same rage and hate and prejudice that has destroyed the soul of these terrorists. But I need your help. As a rational American, trying to protect my country and family in an irrational and unsafe world, I must know how to tell the difference between you, and the Arab/Muslim terrorist.How do I differentiate between the true Arab/Muslim-Americans and the Arab/Muslims in our communities who are attending our schools, enjoying our parks, and living in OUR communities under the protection of OUR constitution, while they plot the next attack that will slaughter these same good neighbors and children? The events of September 11th changed the answer. It is not my responsibility to determine which of you embraces our great country, with ALL of its religions, with ALL of its different citizens, with all of its faults. It is time for every Arab/Muslim in this country to determine it for me.I want to know, I demand to know, and I have a right to k now whether or not you love America. Do you pledge allegiance to its flag? Do you proudly display it in front of your house, or on your car?

For more go to:

http://seaspook.blogspot.com/2006/03/open-letter-to-american-muslims.html

Very well said, indeed.


Longstreet

5 comments:

  1. Longstreet,
    Amen and selah (Hebrew- pause and calmly consider)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if that would be the case then to be fair I should fear conservative christians like Tim Mcvey? Maybe I should convert to Muslim but I can't turn my back on my faith and I am sure they can't on theirs either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ignorant Leftist Frank,
    Tim McVey was agnostic. You see
    Frank, You can't blame EVERY thing
    on we Conservative Christians.
    "Judge not lest ye be judged"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ignorant Leftist Frank,
    A small follow-up from this morning.Mc Vey is McVeigh.I thought
    your spelling was suspect,but I went ahead and used it until I could research it properly.
    According to eyeonhate.com,Tim McVeigh was an agnostic;however,
    wikipedia.com's biography of McVeigh states he was raised Roman Catholic and never renounced his
    faith. If my memory serves me correctly,seeing that my wife IS
    a Roman Catholic,Roman Catholicism is NOT considered a Conservative
    Christian faith. A little advice,
    try doing a little research. It will help prevent you from looking
    like a jackass!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know he was Catholic, but he was also pictured with Rummsfeld and Powell and was a republican, that's what I meant by conservative, and Catholics are Christians are they not? I am, we are just not goofy Christians who twist the faith, shoot if it was up to fundamentalist Christians we'd still believe the earth was the center of the universe and that the earth itself is flat. and people like Tim Mcvey don't desreve for "me" to spend the time to search for the correct spelling of their name. Besides I can hear your Sphincter clinching in your posts, try not to have a heart attack.

    ReplyDelete