Sunday, January 1, 2006

Definition of an Extremist!













This Blog is one year old today! Happy New Year to our readers and Happy Birthday to "Insight on Freedom!"

(This Post ran first on May 29th, 2005.)




Definition of an Extremist.

Let’s see… so far I have been called an extremist, a Nazi, a 3 year-old child, a nutcase, crazy, a dictator, (a FACIST) a red-neck, ignorant…and these are just the names I can print! WOW! And all the name-calling is coming from the Political Left, those wonderful folks who gave us “tolerance”. We, here at Insight, must be striking in the ‘quick”. Which means we are right on target.

Gosh, it really troubles me that all these years, when we thought we were just average folks, we were so out of touch with the “average” Joe.

So let me take stock:

Let’s see…. I’m Southern American male, Caucasian, 64 years old, a military veteran, a Lutheran, a member of the American Legion, the Sons of Confederate Veterans, a Republican, a writer an author, a wood worker, a 30 year retiree of the broadcasting business, A husband, a father, and a grandfather. I shop at Wal-Mart and K-mart. I drive a pick-up, which is parked, beside my wife’s GM sedan. I own my own home. I have a fairly good education, including a trade school and some college. And I vote… in every election.

I support the death penalty.

I believe there are absolutes… absolutely right and absolutely wrong. I believe in good and evil. I do not believe in “relativism”.

I do not support abortion, except… to save the life of the mother, or in case of rape, or incest.

So far as homosexuality is concerned … what you do in your own bedroom is YOUR business. Just stay out of my face, with it, and don’t insist that I like it.

I believe the Constitution was written by a group of men who meant what they said and said what they meant. I think the Supreme Court does us no favors by ”finding” rights in the Constitution which clearly are not there. I believe the constitution should be interpreted as it was originally meant…which is simply… as it was written. I’m an “Originalist”.

Separation of Church and State…if it was in the Constitution, I would have no problem with it. As it is, there is no such clause and the clause so often referred to… is meant to prevent the establishment of a State Church. I believe religion and politics should remain apart. I also understand that each will influence the other and there is no way to insure that does not occur.

I believe in a strong military. I could easily become an isolationist, but I know the remainder of the world will not allow that. So we must keep our guard up and as we have one of the smallest military forces we have had in a very long time, we may often have to strike first. I’m OK with that. I hope the draft will not be necessary, but I believe it will… and this time it will draft both men and women.

I have a rock solid belief that Americans have a right to bear arms. As long as the citizenry of this country is armed we have less to fear from our government.

Now, these are just a few of the attributes of an “extremist” like me… at least according to the Political Left.

Now, I leave it up to you to decide, exactly where the line falls between the Political Left’s view of “extremism” and that of the Political Right.

Which presents the least threat to America?

You Obedient Servant,


“Longstreet”


Fellow Republicans: Below is the list of Senate Republicans who sold the Republican Party out with their “agreement” with the Democrats on the filibuster of Conservative Judicial Nominees:

Republicans:Lincoln Chafee (Rhode Island) 08Susan Collins (Maine) 08Mike DeWine (Ohio) 06Lindsey Graham (South Carolina) 08John McCain (Arizona) 08John Warner (Virginia) 08Olympia Snowe (Maine) o6

The next election is next(THIS) year. You know how to vote. Your choice is “clear cut”.



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to all the folks at Insight on Freedom! Also, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. Most people who identify themselves as conservatives share similar backgrounds and philosophy as you.

    My concern is that you and other self-identified conservatives are being manipulated by the big corporations and wealthy donors who hold the purse-strings of the Republican Party.

    These are the same big corporations who pay far less federal taxes as a whole than they did 30-40 years ago. The same corporations who cut jobs while paying more and more to interchangeable CEO's. The same corporations who ship good US jobs overseas to please Wall Street.

    As has been pointed out many times before, the corporations use the right-wing media (News Corporations, WSJ, Wash. Times, talk radio, internet, various "think tanks" and well-paid talking heads, etc.) to try to get their agenda across. The way they do this is by stirring up well-meaning people like yourself with hot-button social issues like abortion, gay marriage, etc.

    So you self-identified conservatives get all riled up about social issues, while these big corporations send your job overseas and pick the few remaining pennies you have left in your pocket. And unfortunately, most of you are willfully ignorant of this process.

    Let's face it, the history of civilization is the history of economics. You either belive than the citizen is the most important part of society, or you believe the corporation is. If you believe the corporation is more important than the citizen, then you can kiss your freedom and the U.S. Constitution goodbye.

    That's just what Bush and the other neo-cons want anyway: http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7779.shtml

    ReplyDelete