Monday, June 5, 2006

Patriotism or Treason? Good Question!


As the argument in the Congress drags on over amnesty or no amnesty for illegal aliens in the US, one has to wonder about those in our government who refuse to defend the Borders of this country. Just whose interest are they looking out for, huh?

It’s past “crunch” time and sometime this week members of both the house and the Senate will be appointed to a committee to try to meld the two bills into one bill which the President will sign. You can bet that should a bill emerge which does not have amnesty in it, the President will not sign it.

But, what of those people, in and out of out government who want to throw our borders open and allow anyone to come into the US whether they assimilate or not? Well, now, seems to me they’re trouble for the US. Serious trouble!

The folks over at “The Reality Check” have an excellent post on this whole thing. We highly recommend that you take the time to read it and consider what the author is saying. You will find the post at:

http://www.therealitycheck.org/GuestColumnist/jadams060106.htm

The entire November election should turn on the illegal aliens question. But, I’m afraid I have to agree with the author of the post at The "Reality Check" that it won’t. I’ve seen it too many times in innumerable elections in this country’s past. We’ll put the rascals right back in office!!! And they know it… and they are counting on it!

I’m a conservative republican. I’ve been a republican since the dim days of my youth and the day I registered to vote for the first time at age 21. But, Dear Reader, I DON’T know the folks in our Congress who claim to be Republicans today! It is not the same Party I threw my lot in with many decades ago. I suspect many Southern Conservatives feel the same way.

Time is growing short. We have a few short months ‘til Election Day 2006. We’d probably find it advantageous to use that time searching for credible candidates who will put the best interests of the American people before Party or anything else. Lord knows, there are few left in our government!

Something for all Americans to think seriously about as we watch the Congress give away our country in the next few weeks.


Longstreet


No comments:

Post a Comment